Zatarain's Gumbo Filé is dried Sassafras tree leaves that is used to create a savory flavor while thickening sauces and soups. Use to make authentic Cajun Gumbo soup with a flavor that will transport your guests to southern Louisiana. Specially made for chefs to inspire extraordinary menus and deliver consistent recipes. Zatarain's Gumbo Filé can also be used to season fish, shellfish, poultry, game, savory dishes that require thickening, or any spice meat and/or vegetable stew.
Zatarain’s has been the authority on New Orleans flavor since 1889. As the nation’s leading maker of New Orleans–style foods, Zatarain’s combines great taste, high quality and New Orleans’ rich culinary history. Our hometown is famous for fun and flavor, and that’s exactly what we deliver – big, authentic flavors inspired by New Orleans and designed to replace “same old” with something special. Authentic condiments, including creole mustard, rice mixes, crab boils, and breadings capture the spirit of the Gulf Coast.
- Dried Sassafras tree leaves
- Use to make authentic Cajun Gumbo soup
- Made by Zatarain's, combining great taste and high quality
- Tailored for culinary professionals, helping to inspire menus
- Can also be used to season fish, shellfish, poultry, game, savory dishes that require thickening, or any spice meat and/or vegetable stew